Frequently Asked Questions

What information or forms do I need to submit to Student Health Services?

A completed two-page Student Health Form (typed and signed) and a completed immunization record signed by a licensed health care provider.

Where can I find the Student Health Form?

The Student Health Form and the International Student Health Form are available on the Forms and Immunizations page.

Do I have to have a physical exam?

No, you do not have to see your doctor. You can call the office for a copy of your immunization records.

Why do I need to show proof for my immunizations?

The State of Illinois College/University Immunization Law (77 Ill. Adm. Code 694) requires all college students born after 1956 to submit immunization information unless you have a medical or religious exemption. If you do not submit documentation showing your immunizations, the college is required to place you on medical hold which may delay your registration for a second term.

When are the immunization records and the Student Health Form due?

Prior to the first day of school.

I have submitted an athletic physical and form; do I still need to submit the immunization record and Student Health Form?

Yes. The Athletics Department and Student Health Services require different forms and do not share records.

How do I obtain a copy of my immunization record that was submitted to the University?

You may obtain a copy of your immunization record by logging into My BenU.  Go to “Self Service, Campus Personal Information, Immunization Report” and print.

Or contact Student Health Services at (630) 829-6046 from 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday during the academic year.

What services does Student Health Services offer?
Visit Student Health Services for full details on available services.
Do I have to pay to be seen by Student Health Services?

Undergraduate students do not pay a fee to see the nurse or physician in Student Health Services. However, there is a fee if a student requires antibiotic treatment or vaccination.

Graduate students are allowed one free nurse visit and one free follow-up physician visit. After the first visit, a $20 fee is required.

Does the University offer a health insurance plan?

Although not required, there is an optional insurance plan available. Visit for more information.

The University also offers optional dental and vision coverage for students.

Do you have a list of local health care providers and pharmacies?

Visit the Local Healthcare page for a list of local providers and pharmacies.

Student Health Services

Pam Deely, BSN, RN
Director of Student Health Services

Susan Salerno, BSN, RN
Nurse/Program Coordinator

Krasa Center 116
(630) 829-6046